OAS Battle Rope 1 1/2 inch (38mm) SPECIAL BLEND
Make 4 interest-free payments of $37.49 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Battle Rope 1 1/2 inch (38mm) x 50ft (15m)
12kg Dead Weight.
Polypropylene / Nylon Rope 15m Long with Sealed Ends.
Our Battle Ropes contain a SPECIAL BLEND of Polypropylene and Nylon fibres.
"You will develop a grip like a vice, shoulders like a lumberjack and the core of a gymnast"
We found pure Nylon ropes were too stiff and pure Polypropylene ropes did not have enough body, so we developed our own blend of Polypropylene and Nylon Fibres to give our ropes that JUST RIGHT feeling.
Whereas manila ropes can rot, retain water, and usually leave a trail of fibres, our battle ropes provide excellent weight while remaining virtually water, weather, and shed proof. The ends of the rope are shrink wrapped with heavy duty tubing to provide extra grip and prevent any fraying.
The major benefit of training with battle ropes is the application of upper body power, combined with endurance. The rope is wrapped around an anchor point, and you hold it at the very end of the rope's length. By implementing a whipping or circular motion with your arms, you create what's called a “wave”, which requires a huge metabolic demand to maintain in the rope.
Some other benefits of battle rope training include:
- Low impact training. Minimal stress is placed on the joints, with all the force applied to the muscular system.
- Calorie Incinerator. Burns just as many calories as sprinting, high-intensity interval training and heavy resistance training
- Athletic Performance. Trains the neuromuscular system to apply force that begins at the core and extends through the extremities (both arms and legs) -- a must for improving performance.
- Killer core workout. Works the entire core from above your knees to below your chest by both applying power from the core and stabilising and bracing spinal movement.
- Builds functional strength. Real world, manly strength. You will develop a grip like a vice, shoulders like a lumberjack and the core of a gymnast.
- Psychological training. It hurts, then it hurts some more. Push past those barriers and see what you are truly made of.
-Safe to use. Just drop them when you can’t go any more.
Choice of Rope Type
Polypropylene ropes have a soft surface and do not shed. Polypropylene ropes provide the best longevity and are suitable for exercise both inside or out.
Polypropylene rope is buoyant and will not really absorb moisture or sweat. Anywhere you would like to start using this rope, the swimming pool, the ocean, in the bad weather, it is never likely to damage it. All these ropes have a great life-span and won't cause your gym to be smelly as they are mold and mildew resistant.
Cost wise poly rope is the most expensive rope. While a great rope, we found 100% Polypropylene was too soft and difficult to maintain a good wave. So we added some NYLON to it to give it a bit of BODY without sacrificing any of its benefits.
Manila rope is what the majority of battle ropes are made from and generally the rope is hidden underneath a nylon sheath. It needs this sheath to protect the rope from moisture, mildrew and fraying. If the sheath breaks watch out because they will leave a mess behind. Manila is quite often used because it is the cheapest of the ropes to produce.
Our Battle Rope, with it's Polypropylene/Nylon blend,while a little more expensive than manila rope we believe will give far greater service and a better workout.
Also consider the weight, most manila ropes weigh under 5 or 6kg, our 1 1/2" rope weighs 12kg and our 2" weighs a massive 19kg.
|Brand||Oz Active Sports|